What Fees are Refundable?
- Resident enrollment and tuition fee
- Non-resident enrollment and tuition fee
- Student representation fee
- Foreign student application fee
How to Get a Refund
Follow these steps to get a refund for enrollment and tuition fees:
- Drop your class(es) by the deadline. After your class is dropped, money is credited to your eServices account. Keep all documentation that shows the date your class was officially dropped.
- Request a refund to get the money out of your eServices account by the deadline. You can submit this request online.
Follow these steps to get a refund for the student representation fee:
- Complete and submit the Student Representation Fee Exemption Form.
- If you paid by credit card, then a refund credit will be issued to the credit card you used. All other methods of payment will be refunded by check and mailed to the address on file with your college's Admissions and Records Office.
|Session||Start date||Deadline to drop classes for tuition refund||Refund request to Business Services deadline|
|UC Davis Winter||January 4||January 8||May 19|
|Full semester||January 16||January 29||May 19|
|First eight weeks||January 16||January 22||May 19|
|First five weeks||January 16||January 22||May 19|
|Second five weeks||February 25||February 26||May 19|
|Second eight weeks||March 16||March 19||May 19|
|Second eight weeks alternate||March 20||March 26||May 19|
|UC Davis Spring||March 29||April 2||May 19|
|Third five weeks||April 8||April 9||May 19|
Important Information About Refunds
Credit Balances in eServices
Money in your eServices account is not automatically refunded to you. If you have a credit balance in your eServices account and you do not request a refund by the last day of instruction of the semester, then you forfeit that money.
Exceptions for Military Students
If you have to withdraw from classes for military purposes, then you will be refunded 100% of your fees and tuition. This is true even if you drop after the deadline or request your refund after the end of the semester.
How long will it take to get my refund?
Refunds are issued within six to eight weeks. If you paid by credit card, then a refund will be issued to the credit card you paid with. All other methods of payment will be refunded by check and mailed to the address on file with Admissions and Records.