Get a Degree or Certificate
File a Petition for a Degree or Certificate
Los Rios Colleges Online students who wish to file a degree petition should contact a counselor.
Before You Petition
To qualify for a degree or certificate, you must complete all of the following requirements by the end of the semester in which you petition:
- Complete all required program courses with a "C" or better
- Meet college residency, which requires that a minimum of 12 units of college-level coursework be completed at one Los Rios college
- If you are using coursework from outside of Los Rios Community College District, then have an approved course-substitution form on file (contact a counselor for more information)
Approval or Denial
You will be notified via email if your petition is approved and denied.
If approved, then your degree or certificate will be posted to your transcript at the end of the semester.
If denied, then you will be notified of the missing requirements and advised to submit a new petition.
Receiving Your Degree or Certificate
Degrees and certificates will be mailed to the address listed on your petition.
What is Printed on Your Degree/Certificate
- Legal first and last name
- Major, degree, or certificate concentration
What is Not Printed on Your Degree/Certificate
- Honors designations
- Phi Theta Kappa designations