What is FAFSA?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a form you fill out to get financial aid. Financial aid includes fee waivers, grants, work-study, loans, and scholarships. Submit the FAFSA each year you are in college – it only takes about 30 minutes to complete when you are prepared.
Though undocumented students cannot apply for aid through the FAFSA, they may be eligible for state financial aid through the California Dream Act.
Deadline to Submit FAFSA
Submit the FAFSA as early as you can. This will help you figure out how to pay for college before classes begin.
|Academic year||FAFSA available||Deadline to submit FAFSA||Tax filing year|
(Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022)
|October 1, 2020||March 2, 2021*||2019|
(Fall 2022, Spring 2023, and Summer 2023)
|October 1, 2021||March 2, 2022*||2020|
* You can submit the FAFSA after the "Deadline to Submit" date until June 30 of the following year, but priority is given on a first-come, first-served basis. You may not be considered for a Cal Grant if you submit your application after this date.
Federal School Code
Make sure you include your college's federal school code on your FAFSA application.
- American River College: 001232
- Cosumnes River College: 007536
- Folsom Lake College: 038713
- Sacramento City College: 001233